There is no better time to share this delicious recipe with you than now. Its starting to get cooler, which has you reaching for either something sweet or something warm.
I have such nostalgia when it comes to winter. I think of warm showers, flannel pajamas and sipping on hot chocolate. Living in the Southern Highlands in the winters are cold, frosty and sometimes we are even blessed with snow.
Its only fitting then that we rug up with our coats, beanies and sit around drinking this delicious treat to keep warm.
Raw Cacao not only tastes amazing, but is so good for you. (Yes that's right Cacao not Cocoa". Cocoa sadly has been processed differently and often treated with nasty toxins. This then compromises and destroys all of the benefits and antioxidants. And if I'm going to drink something i want to ensure that it not only tastes great, that its sourced correctly and has amazing health benefits too.
Raw organic Cacao benefits:
- Antioxidants (approximately 40 times than what blue berries have to offer)
- Great source of iron
- Source of magnesium
- Natural mood enhancer (think of all that blissful serotonin coming your way)
Ok enough of all this chatter, lets get down to business.
Recipe is as below:
1 Heaped Tbsp Raw Organic Cacao
2 cups of nut milk (or your milk of choice)
1/4 cup Cashews (or 2 tbsp of cashew nut butter)
maple syrup to taste
1. Blend Cashews in a blender until then resemble fine breadcrumb like consistency (or if you are using nut butter skip this step)
2. Place milk in a saucepan and simmer on low heat
Remove from heat once at correct temperature
3. Combine Milk, processed nuts (or nut butter), cacao and splash of maple syrup
& blitz until all combined
Pour into mugs & sip away
I hope you too enjoy your love in a mug x